Last class, we discussed the "financial planning" chapter of The Behavior Gap by Carl Richards. We had a very interesting discussion following a brief summarization of the chapter. From the book, it seems as though Richards believes that having short-term plans is good, but having a long-term plan that you aren't prepared to change along the way is a recipe for disaster. I, myself, believe that it is perfectly okay to make long term plans, as long as you don't get too attached to them and isolate yourself from other opportunities.
For example, a short term goal that I have is to have a part time job during one of the upcoming breaks. A long term goal for me would be to go to college in the US, and graduate with a degree, then begin working either there or in Australia. However, I understand that life is unpredictable and that I must be prepared for things to change.
No comments:
Post a Comment