Today, we handed in our September-October budgets. After the first month of keeping a budget, I realized that I was not completely aware of how much I was spending— after taking a look at my daily spendings, I realized that the small purchases that I didn’t think twice about added up quickly to a total that I hadn’t anticipated. One significant difference between my September and October budgets that I noticed is that I spent drastically less in the latter. This month, I was more busy with schoolwork and cheer, and in turn, spent less time out on the weekends- meaning I mainly ate at home and saved a significant amount of money. I have also been bringing home lunch to school more often, which has resulted in less spending on my school card.
Keeping a budget has made me more aware of the things I buy, big or small. Subsequently, I have found myself asking the question, “do you need this?” when I found myself wanting to buy something. I never thought that simply planning out spendings for each month- even if it isn't a complicated spreadsheet, would so heavily impact my willingness to spend.
No comments:
Post a Comment