Today were our formative presentations. Asia and I partnered up to create a presentation on behavioral hurdles; specifically, the issues of overconfidence and instant gratification. I was especially interested in this topic because I studied overconfidence in my AP psych class, so I knew a bit about the psychological aspects of this issue. Overall, I think the presentations went well. I'm glad we had the opportunity to do a formative, so we know how we can improve and what we need in order to attain an A+.
One interesting thing about today's class was when we were interrupted by the lock down "drill." Rather than going into standard lockdown drill procedure, we continued on with our presentations, assuming the drill was simply a drill. However, when we got home, my mom spoke to me about the email she had received from the school, stating that the drill was not necessarily a drill, as police were sweeping the school after receiving an international call stating that there was a gun on campus. I think that next time, in situations like this, it shouldn't be announced over the PA that the situation was a "drill," as people, unfortunately, will not take it as seriously as they should be. I think this incident simply highlighted a few of the security issues the school has overlooked.
No comments:
Post a Comment