Today in class we turned in our Millionaire Teacher book reviews and we reviewed the template for handing in assignments. Mr. Bisset emphasized the idea that doing what the teacher wants will undoubtedly bring you advantages, whether it be in high school or college. Being organized and responsible starts with the small things, such as doing homework, making your bed, and turning in assignments on time. Without this stable foundations, one might not be prepared for the more difficult tasks they may face in the future. Because I've had Mr. Bisset as my freshmen year world history teacher, I've become familiar with using the template he prefers. I found that being consistent is key, and I've noticed that over time, I unconsciously follow a similar format for turning in assignments even when not instructed to use a specific format.
I think it's important to realize that, while some things we learn in our classes may not seem relevant to our real lives (e.g. polynomials), it's often the small things that carry on into our future lives. Learning how to maintain organization and be responsible is a key factor in determining your ambition and drive in later on in your life. From a young age, I have practiced keeping my room clean. From there, I learned that my days seemed to go by easier when I was in a neat, well-kept space, and eventually, I applied that realization into different aspects of my life- such as schoolwork, plans, etc. Conversations like the one we had in class are not extremely common, but are definitely important.
No comments:
Post a Comment