Last week, we began keeping track of our November expenditures. Although I have already stated this in my October budget reflection, I've noticed a significant decrease in my spendings. I've noticed that almost every time I purchase something, whether it be $5 or $50, I put thought into my decision by asking myself, "do I need this?" Asking myself this question has not only resulted in more money in my savings, but has also saved me from making impulse purchases. If I realize that I still need that item after leaving it the first time, then I will know that it's something I truly need.
On a different topic, this past weekend I went on two trips for my AP environmental science class- the first was on saturday, in which the 4 of us in my group along with our teacher, Ms. Began, visited the Dairy Farm nature reserve. The second took place on sunday, and the 5 of us took a 15 minute boat ride to Pulau Ubin to test the water + soil qualities in the Chek Jawa mangroves. One interesting (and unfortunate) thing that I noticed was the visible oil that could be seen on the surface of the water. We asked Ms. Began whether it was a natural thing, and she told us that the oil was due to the nearby ports. I thought this was pretty sad, as it was a clear example of how many of our human activities that we do to develop the economy are often detrimental to ecosystems around the world.
No comments:
Post a Comment