Monday, 6 November 2017

November 7


Today in class we were assigned to read the first chapter of Carl Richards' The Behavior Gap. After reading a small portion of the book, I found his style of writing to be especially appealing, as his simplistic language makes it easy to comprehend the concepts he discusses. One big difference I found between Richards' book and Andrew Hallam's Millionaire Teacher is that while Hallam focuses on the steps an individual can take in order to attain a million-dollar portfolio, Richards takes a more general perspective, and centers around avoiding "dumb" actions in regards to money and personal finance.


What I found really interesting was the "Overconfidence" section of the first chapter- as I've learned about overconfidence in AP Psych. Having prior knowledge regarding this idea allowed me to better apply my understanding to this finance book. I hope that this book provides me with different information than Hallam's, as it would be interesting to learn about similar concepts from different perspectives.

No comments:

Post a Comment