Wednesday, 25 October 2017

October 30

Mr. Bisset commenced today's class with the question, "how did the reading go over fall break?" He asked several of us specifically, and most people responded honestly, admitting that they hadn't read at least 15 minutes every day. This paved the way to a larger discussion- Mr. Bisset recommended to us that we go to a smaller university and apply to a more prestigious graduate school. This advice came from his personal experience, which I found was very interesting- especially the fact that throughout his 41 years of teaching, no one has ever asked him where he received his undergraduate degree. I thought the discussion today was helpful as many of us are upperclassmen and are already looking into colleges we would like to attend.

Last night, I talked to my dad about online brokerage accounts as we did some research on them last class. I mentioned the three online brokerages that Sean had mentioned in his article, and my dad was already familiar with them. I asked him what he thought of these online brokerages, and he said that they're definitely a good idea. One thing I find pleasantly surprising is the number of conversations I've had with my dad about things I learned in personal finance. I'm glad that I've already learned a good amount of valuable information and am able to have more mature conversations with my parents about finance as I now understand the specific terminology and concepts associated with money.

No comments:

Post a Comment