In today's class, we read through Sean's article on his financial blog, Denarian Investor, which covered opening a brokerage account as a minor. In his article, he recommended three specific online brokerage firms: Charles Schwab, TD Ameritrade, and Robinhood. He mentioned that these three brokerages are especially good for those who are beginners. Sean seemed to have a preference for Charles Schwab, so I decided to take a look at their website.Unfortunately, Charles Schwab requires a U.S. permanent resident address which my family members do not have. In addition, this online brokerage has a minimum cash deposit of $1
000, which is a bit much for my current savings. Because of this, I think TD Ameritrade is a better option for me. This online brokerage also has a minimum cash deposit of $0. I am looking forward to having a discussion with my parents tonight about opening a brokerage account for myself as it is another important step in having more responsibility regarding my own finances.

No comments:
Post a Comment