Tuesday, 3 October 2017

October 2

Today we handed in our September budgets. I found tracking my daily expenses to be very helpful as I have become more aware of my purchases. Specifically, I discovered that I spent the most money on dining out- this includes individual drinks and food items that I purchase outside of school. By being exposed to this realization, I am now more motivated to spend money more wisely on outside food items as I often buy things I don't need (are not meals). In addition, I realized that the amount of money saved on the days that I bring lunch from home makes a significant difference in the total- thus, I will make sure I bring home lunch more often as it is not only economically efficient for myself, it also saves time during lunch that I would otherwise spend waiting in line to pay for my meal.

I am looking forward to keeping track of my October expenses, to see any improvements I've made in regards to spending between now and the end of the month. My goal is to save a specific amount each month so that by the end of 12 months, I will have enough to purchase a new laptop, so I will work towards setting aside more money each month.

No comments:

Post a Comment