As I mentioned before, I am going on a football/cheer SAFL trip to Tokyo for fall break. Because we are stopping over in Hong Kong, are staying on a U.S military base, and are going on excursions throughout Tokyo, I realized that I must manage my finances during the trip with extra caution, as I have three different currencies that I will be carrying with me at most times. I think learning about currency conversions will be interesting and helpful, as it is something most people encounter, especially living in a culturally diverse country like Singapore where people are constantly coming and going.
One conversation we had in class today that I found interesting was Mr. Bisset's point of view on football- the idea that the game centers around intimidation. I disagree with a lot of the things said about the sport, but respect his opinion nonetheless. Asia and I, having done sideline cheerleading as well as competitive cheer throughout the years found some things that were said in class to be frustrating for us, as cheerleaders are often not given the same respect that other athletes are, especially at SAS, since cheer has only been brought up again in the recent years. It's difficult for us, as we put in 8+ hours of practice every week.
No comments:
Post a Comment