Tuesday, 10 October 2017

October 6

Today in class we discussed the most recent assigned chapter of Millionaire Teacher. We spent quite a significant amount of time talking about survivorship bias, which I found really interesting. Survivorship bias is the tendency for mutual funds with poor performance to be dropped by mutual fund companies, generally because of poor results in the past. Although we are still at the beginning portion of the book, I have already learned a ton of things I was not previously aware of. Like I said before, Hallam's style of writing makes it easy for readers to understand more difficult/complex problems.

I am looking forward to meeting the guest speaker next class. I'm excited to hear his journey of starting up a hedgefund, the process, and any advice he may have for us.

I talked to my dad again about setting up a multiplier account, and he thinks it's a good idea. Because he's been away on business this past week and a half, I was unable to go this recent weekend, but instead will set one up when I return from fall break. Tonight, I'm planning on asking him whether he has heard of the guest speaker coming to our class- it'll be interesting to see what he has to say about starting up hedgefunds.

No comments:

Post a Comment