Last class, we furthered our discussion regarding budgets and the categories that we should include when making ours. A few categories we decided were important included: transportation, school meals, meals out, gifts. I thought it was especially interesting to hear how everyone's budgets for each category were unique to each individual. I talked to my parents whilst planning my monthly budget, and my Dad was very supportive. When I explained that, for example, I will set aside money to pay for my phone bill at the end of each month, he helped me figure out my average cell phone bill, and we discussed how much money would go into each category, making sure the amounts were practical.
In addition, I've been reading a book for my AP Lang class called When Breath Becomes Air by Paul Kalanithi. The memoir follows a rising neurosurgeon as he approaches completion of medical school, but struggles to continue his life plan as he discovers that the headaches and other strange symptoms he was experiencing was not due to overworking/lack of sleep, but instead stage IV lung cancer.
No comments:
Post a Comment