This weekend, my reasons for signing up for personal finance this year were reiterated. At the beginning of each month, I'm given an allowance. I've had an allowance since around eighth grade, and it's steadily increased as I've gotten older. From freshmen year, my allowance has increased first by $50, then this weekend another $50.
However, prior to receiving an additional $50, I had spent nearly all of my monthly allowance for August. Normally, this doesn't happen, but I spent more than I normally would during the last week of summer as I often met up with friends. I like to think that I'm cautious with my money, but I surprised myself this month, as I had almost used up all my money only two and a half weeks in. I'm really hoping that over the course of these next few months, I'll learn how to better organize my money so this doesn't happen again.
On a different note, I've began reading another book in the same series as Beautiful Boy by David Sheff, the memoir I wrote about in a previous blog post. It's called Tweak, and it's written from David's son's perspective- the drug addict's. I think it's really interesting to read about the same conflict/situation from an entirely different perspective, and it helps to understand the Sheff family's experience.
No comments:
Post a Comment