Today in class we continued our discussion regarding the importance of reading everyday. We were assigned to actively read two articles, "People Who Read are More Successful" and "Just twenty-five pages a day". I found it very interesting that, if you do the math, reading for a small amount of time each day can provide you with so many benefits. Since middle school, I've began reading less and less due to my busy schedule as I've always looked at reading as something that requires a lot of time. However, after class and reading the articles that Mr. Bisset has given us, I now realize that reading doesn't have to be for an hour or two each day. Even 15 minutes can give you knowledge.
The other night, I sat down with my parents and started talking about keeping a budget. I was surprised to find out that my dad doesn't keep a budget. When asked why, he replied with "I can't control my wife!" and "our family generally is very careful with spending." Instead, he keeps track of historical spending (credit cards, bank statements) and analyze historical trends/variants by categories (utility, rental, holiday) and check spending each month. He's been using this method for years.
No comments:
Post a Comment