Today in class we discussed the article assigned as homework, titled "How to Start Investing in 2016" by Gary Dekmezian. An important point we pointed out was the idea that fear should not stop you from investing- stock market investments in the long term are beneficial regardless of the obstacles/plunges that may occur. After all, time is our greatest advantage as high schoolers.
Last class, we filled out a survey concerning investing for a student's catalyst project. Sean, a senior at SAS, came into our class to give us a presentation regarding the results of the survey. From the data, it was evident that students at our school are keen to begin investing, but it was concluded that the main reason people haven't begun is due to the fact that they "don't know where to start". Because of this, Sean strives to create a blog which will provide us, students, with tips on how to invest as a beginner. I think this is a great idea, unique in its own right, as it is written from a high schooler's perspective, which will allow visitors of the blog to more easily understand the concepts being presented.
This got me thinking about my own catalyst project, which I will start working on in January. I want to create something that 1) I'm passionate about, and 2) Will make a difference, whether it be in the whole of Singapore, or in SAS.
No comments:
Post a Comment