Saturday, 30 March 2013

Water Project: A Change for Water Week 1 and 2

Week 1:
This week, Margi contacted a friend asking to post a picture on her instagram (a popular social networking site) to help spread the word about water awareness. Her friend currently has around 7,000 followers on the site, which was very helpful. In the caption of her picture, it said to repost the picture with the hashtag #savewaterproject_ so we could keep track of how many people saw it and reposted it. Her friend also talked to another friend who has 57,000 followers on instagram and asked if she could post the picture as well. 40 people reposted it in one day.

Week 2:
Margi and I made around 20 flyers by hand and put them in the mailboxes around her neighborhood. Olivia will make a blog for our project as well as a video as soon as she gets back from her trip. We asked our previous teachers from the last year if we could go to their classrooms to present our powerpoint to let the other students know more about water awareness.


Me putting a flyer in a mailbox

                                                       
                                                               Margi putting a flyer in a mailbox
Our flyers


Week 3:
This week, my partners and I asked a few 4th grade teachers if we were allowed to present to their classes to teach them about water awareness. We made pledge sheets and a big poster for people to sign. We created a power point and a script for our presentation to the 4th graders. Lastly, we made water drop shaped pins and bracelets to give out once people sign the pledge sheets and poster.

Week 4:
This week, my partners and I have presented to Mr.Peterson's fourth grade class. We explained how some countries don't provide enough clean water for the people living there. We told them different ways they can help conserve water, and gave them water-drop shaped pins we made by hand along with bracelets that we made. We got them to sign our "water wise pledge sheet" poster. We set up a booth in the foyer to get people to sign our poster as well.


Margi, Olivia, Mr. Peterson and I after presenting to his class
                                                                                                         Our booth in the foyer


Handing out water drop pins and bracelets to the students







                                                                                                                         Our poster : "I Pledge to be Water Wise."

1 comment:

  1. I could tell you have worked hard though beginning til end. I think that it is great that you raised as much awareness as you did. The one thing that I would liked to see from your project is the power point that you shared with the fourth graders.

    ReplyDelete