I chose the song "Carry On" by Fun, because in the beginning of the book, Esperanza Rising, by Pam Munoz Ryan, the mood seems dark and gloomy. When Esperanza wakes up and realizes her father is dead, everything seems to remind her of him. Her father had been an important part of her life for so long, and she can't seem to let go. The part of the song that I think best relates to the story is:
'I've closed enough windows
To know you can never look back If you're lost and alone
Or you're sinking like a stone
Carry on
May your past be the sound
Of your feet upon the ground
Carry on'
Because it is saying that you need to find a way to carry on and let go no matter what. This reminds me of Esperanza's situation because she knows she needs to forget about her father and move on. Esperanza later has to travel to a new place to live. Even when she feels alone, she needs to forget about the past and go on with her life. This is why I think that this song suits the story.
That was good I thought you could have added a little bit more about the book because it doesn't give that great of an example.
ReplyDeleteI think that this is a good post and is backed up with good support from the text.
ReplyDelete