My family's average monthly water consumption for the past six months is 21.35 cubic meters per month. We live in an apartment in the city, and the national average for our type of house is only 17.2 cubic meters per month. This means that my family is 4.15 cubic meters over average, which is equal to 24% more.
There are 4 people living in my house. After I did all the calculations, I discovered that each of my family members uses about 172 liters per day. This is still higher than the national average. The average Singaporean uses about 154 liters per day. I do not only consume water at home though, for example, I drink water and wash my hands at school. This means that I use more than 172 liters per day. Looking at this data that I have collected, I realize that I need to use less water daily.
If I discuss things with my parents and convince them to help me, I think that it is possible for us to reduce our water consumption by 20%. This would land us at 17.08 cubic meters per month, just under the national average for our kind of household. I think that a good way to start reducing the amount of water we use is to try to lower the amount by 10% each month. The purple bars on my graph represent the past 6 months on my water bill. The blue represents the national average, and the green represents my goals for the next 3 months. I have made a 5 point plan for my family:
- Don't leave water running while washing dishes
- Don't wash individual pieces of clothing
- Take shorter showers
- Only use used water for plants
- Put a bucket in the shower for washing

Your ideas for saving water seem like something I can do! I think you did s very nice job on your analysis!
ReplyDelete