Monday, 18 December 2017

December 19

1. How useful did you find writing blog entries for every class?
- I found writing blog entries every class was helpful, but in some cases, there isn't much to write about. For example, I enjoy writing about certain concepts we've covered in class, but when we have a work class or a day where we don't have deep discussions (which is rarely), I find myself struggling to fill an entire post, and instead look at it as a task in which I must fulfill the minimum requirements of 5 sentences. However, the other times, I really enjoy having a platform where I can write about things that I've learned in class- I found that writing things out helps me better understand ideas.

2. My number one concept I have learned to-date is compound interest and it's #1 because
 - it is one of the biggest allies that we have. Throughout this semester (and especially in the first couple of months), we stressed the importance of compound interest, and how our greatest advantage, as young individuals, is time. Rather than worrying about the stock market's day to day fluctuations, we should feel a sense of security and relief knowing that we have years and years ahead of us, years and years for our money to accumulate and grow.

3. My biggest take-away from the PF classes is..
- the idea that money gives us the chance to work toward our future goals. Once we've set our sights on something that we want, it is in our hands to decide the actions we take in order to attain it. Having a firm financial foundation and learning about money management skills is crucial at our age, because like I said before, time is our greatest advantage, so it's best to learn these things at a young age. Thus, we can grow our knowledge over time and eventually achieve our goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment