1. Microsoft Corporation (MSFT)
Microsoft is a technology company founded in 1975. Today, Microsoft is the world's leading producer of computer software- it's operating system is the most widely used system in the world. One interesting fact about Microsoft is that the company holds over 10,000 patents and files around 3,000 every year, ranking as one of the top five patent owners in the U.S. I chose to buy this stock because I know that Microsoft is well known and used around the world, and has been around for a while.
2. PayPal Holdings, Inc (PYPL)
PayPal is an online payment system widely used around the world. The company is centered around online money transfers as an alternative to traditional payment methods such as cheques. One interesting fact about PayPal is that it was voted one of the 10 worst business ideas of 1999. However, today, PayPal is seen as a relatively successful company. I chose to buy this stock because I think the company is capable of lasting long term, and the world is constantly modernizing- finding alternative ways to get things done, such as online payment rather than more traditional methods.
3. J.P. Morgan (JPM)
J.P Morgan is a global leader in financial services. The company offers solutions to the world's most important corporations, governments and institutions in over 100 countries. One interesting fact about the company is that it was founded by John Pierpont "J.P." Morgan, "an American financier and banker who dominated corporate finance and industrial consolidation." I chose to buy this stock because it is seen as a well known and successful company, that seems like it is going to be around for a while as it has been successful for many years.




No comments:
Post a Comment