Tuesday, 11 August 2015
Line Exercise
For the first exercise, I used the solid graphite and 2B pencils to create different lines. I also used a more thick, solid black marker to create contrast and make some areas of my drawing clearer and stand out. My challenge for this exercise was using the small sheets of paper that we got to build on and turn it into an abstract type sketch. This was different for me because I'm not used to having to continue a picture or drawing and make it my own. Normally, we would start off with a blank sheet of paper and create a drawing on it.
For the second exercise, we used various colors of oil pastels, black paint, and the different tools to scratch out the black to reveal the colors. I used a metal tip, a wooden pencil, and a curved metal rib. In this exercise, we used the reductive method- scratching the black paint away to reveal the colors of the oil pastels. I was excited to start this exercise because it's quite easy to make it look good because of the colors standing out. I think that I did well in using different lines and thicknesses to create my piece. One challenge I faced was that the paint was constantly flaking off, leaving a chunk of color on the black, which I felt was distracting on the piece of paper.
Labels:
art1
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment