1. How do you find the experimental probability that a particular result will occur? Why is is called the experimental probability?
- One way of estimating around how many times something will occur is by conducting an experiment. One example of this is: If I use a coin to determine what type of cereal I will eat each day for one month, for example, June, heads would be Cocoa Blast and tails would be Cheerios. If I tossed the coin 30 times and the coin landed on heads 16 times, I would eat Cocoa Blast about 16 of the days in June.
2. In an experiment, are 30 trials are as good as 500 trials to predict the chances of a result? Explain.
- No, 30 trials are not as good as 500 trials. This is because the larger the sample, the more accurate your data will be.
3. What does it mean for results to be equally likely?
- Equally likely results are outcomes that each have an equal chance of occurring. For example, the coin which I used to determine which cereal I would eat has equally likely results. The two sides of the coin have an equal chance of occurring.
Picture: http://www.mathsisfun.com/data/images/probability-line.gif

Elena, you have the basics covered, but I think you could explore the concepts a little more. For example, does "equally likely" only apply to events with two outcomes? I am not sure that your image adds anything to the blog post, but good job citing it.
ReplyDelete