
Spinner Criteria:
- P (red) = 40%
- P (blue) = 20%
- P (white) = 40%
- P (red OR odd number) = 100%
- P (blue AND 3) = 20%
1. How did you decide how to design your spinner?
~ I used the three colors (red, blue, and white) in my spinner, with their labels as odd numbers. The reason I chose odd numbers is because in the criteria, there was P(red OR odd number) = 100%. This means that if I spun my spinner, it must land on either the red, or on an odd number 100% of the time. When creating my spinner, I made the red and white areas twice the size of the blue section.
2. How did you confirm that your spinner design met the criteria?
~ I confirmed that my spinner design met the criteria by spinning it 999 times. I took the data from these trials and compared it to the criteria. Here were my results:
3. Is there more than one acceptable spinner design? If so, what will the spinners have in common? What will be different?
~ Yes. There are different ways in which the spinner could be designed to meet the criteria. All of the spinners will have a red section, blue section, and a white section, and all spinners will have odd numbers. However, the red is able to contain an even or odd number.


No comments:
Post a Comment