In art class, we were assigned to create drawings of maps using a variety of color schemes using watercolor pencils. We could take the lines from a collage of maps and zoom into one section, enlarging the lines and creating an abstract-looking piece that we could then color in with watercolor pencils. On the top left, I used my own design as a color scheme, which included different colors, both warm and cool. Next to that, I used the Color Tetradic technique, which uses four colors arranged into two complementary color pairs. The colors I used were red, orange, blue, and green. On the bottom left picture, I used a warm/cool combination. This means that I could use majority cold or warm colors and a hint of the opposite. I used mainly cool colors, including blues and purples, and added a small touch of yellow at the bottom. On the bottom right, I used a split compliment, which is using 3 colors, the two colors next to the opposite color of the first. The red color went with a light and dark green, while the purple went with orange and light green. I used a variety of pairs of colors in my piece. My challenges were making sure that I understood all the techniques. My successes were probably finishing the bottom left picture, as it was my personal favorite.
Sunday, 25 October 2015
Map Color Scheme Exercise
In art class, we were assigned to create drawings of maps using a variety of color schemes using watercolor pencils. We could take the lines from a collage of maps and zoom into one section, enlarging the lines and creating an abstract-looking piece that we could then color in with watercolor pencils. On the top left, I used my own design as a color scheme, which included different colors, both warm and cool. Next to that, I used the Color Tetradic technique, which uses four colors arranged into two complementary color pairs. The colors I used were red, orange, blue, and green. On the bottom left picture, I used a warm/cool combination. This means that I could use majority cold or warm colors and a hint of the opposite. I used mainly cool colors, including blues and purples, and added a small touch of yellow at the bottom. On the bottom right, I used a split compliment, which is using 3 colors, the two colors next to the opposite color of the first. The red color went with a light and dark green, while the purple went with orange and light green. I used a variety of pairs of colors in my piece. My challenges were making sure that I understood all the techniques. My successes were probably finishing the bottom left picture, as it was my personal favorite.
Labels:
art1
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment