Thursday, 23 January 2014

ITN Reflection


2nd Semester
January 2014

ITN Reflection and Goal Setting

During 1st semester you presented one and viewed many “In the News” presentations. This semester you have an opportunity to give another “In the News” presentation on a topic we are studying in class that is even better than your first presentation.

We would like you to take some time to review the feedback given to you last semester and write 2 to 3 goals for improving your “In the News” presentation for 2nd semester.
Elena, You did a solid job with your presentation on the debt ceiling situation in the U.S.  You spoke confidently but can continue to work on eye contact.  Your Google Presentation did a good job of 'Showing n Telling'.  To take this project to the 'Exemplary' level, you could have gone a little deeper in your analysis and made sure that your ITNDOC was complete.
1.  What makes a great “In the News” presentation?  Give 2 to 3 examples.

Having all your documents and rubrics turned in on time, projecting your voice, and having a good presentation using showing and telling.

2.  What feedback did you receive about your “In the News” presentation last semester.  

a)  What went well for you?

My slides were good, I did a good job of “Showing n Telling”.

b)  What areas do you need to focus on and improve?

Putting deeper thought into my analysis and making sure my ITNDOC is complete.

3.  Write 2 to 3 goals that you would like to achieve on your “ITN” presentation this semester. These goals should be explicit (stated clearly and in detail, including how you will achieve the goal) and measurable (you are easily able to determine if your goal was achieved).
An example structure you can choose to use

My goal is….
To make sure that my ITNDOC is 100% complete before I turn it in, and working on my eye contact.

I will achieve it by…
Double checking the document a few days before the actual presentation and practicing looking up at the audience and looking down only to check my notes.

I will know I have a achieved it when...
The whole document is done and completed on my presentation day, and when I notice that I am looking up more than down at my notes.


No comments:

Post a Comment