Wednesday, 10 August 2016

Business: Introduction

My name is Elena Cheung. I've been at SAS since pre-k; this year is my 12th. I chose to take business because I thought it would be an interesting course to take. I'm hoping to learn things that I will be able to use in the future, and perhaps discover more about the subject and my interest in it. During freshman year, we didn't have as many options open to us. However, this year we've been granted a wider variety of courses to choose from. I like the idea of a more exploratory course as I think it would be beneficial, allowing us to explore our creativity while learning helpful information. My dad works at a company called RCMA, which stands for Rubber Cultuur Maatschappij Amsterdam. According to their website, "The RCMA Group is focused on commodities and supply chain management. As strategic partners to both producers and consumers, the Group’s expanding global footprint, extensive product offerings, strategic assets investments and strong market expertise, offer clients unrivalled value in the international commodity markets." My dad talks a lot about his job and after hearing him talk about it, I think it's really interesting and made me more curious about business.

No comments:

Post a Comment