As I was watching this group's performance, there were a few things I really liked about it:
- I thought it was really interesting how this group created two scenes at once- Cristina and Arielle on one side of the stage, and Ethan and Aryan on the other. This really helped tell the story.
- When the characters on stage left were moving around and making big movements, the girls on stage right didn't also make big actions which helped by making sure the audience knew what was going on. This also helped by helping the people watching clearly understand what was going on int he performance.
- The props, like the chairs and the tree in the back, as well as the background which although is considered a part of lighting/tech, were all set up in a way that made sure we could still see the characters as they spoke and added something to the scene.
There are also a few suggestions that I thought would be helpful:
- At 0:31, during the video, Aryan leaves the stage. As I was watching this group's performance, I found it slightly odd and kind of awkward. A suggestion would to make sure that when you're walking off stage or moving from one place to another, make sure that you stay in character since the audience can still see you. Aryan got a bit out of character during this bit.
- I think that there could have been additions to the lighting that would have enhanced this performance further. Ethan and Aryan could move around the stage more, instead of staying in that one area on stage left the whole time. The lighting could switch based on where they move, and to help focus more on the boys, the light on Cristina and Arielle could get slightly dimmer just to help see what was happening more. Especially since the background is a forest and there is a tree placed at the back of the stage, the two boys could have used more of their space and made the setting look even more like an actual forest.
- I felt that although Cristina and Arielle were meant to be calm and sitting down as Cristina told a story, they could have moved around a bit more and used more tone in their voices. For example, for Arielle, I think she could have used more excitement, like when a little kid is listening to a story.
- When the characters on stage left were moving around and making big movements, the girls on stage right didn't also make big actions which helped by making sure the audience knew what was going on. This also helped by helping the people watching clearly understand what was going on int he performance.
- The props, like the chairs and the tree in the back, as well as the background which although is considered a part of lighting/tech, were all set up in a way that made sure we could still see the characters as they spoke and added something to the scene.
There are also a few suggestions that I thought would be helpful:
- At 0:31, during the video, Aryan leaves the stage. As I was watching this group's performance, I found it slightly odd and kind of awkward. A suggestion would to make sure that when you're walking off stage or moving from one place to another, make sure that you stay in character since the audience can still see you. Aryan got a bit out of character during this bit.
- I think that there could have been additions to the lighting that would have enhanced this performance further. Ethan and Aryan could move around the stage more, instead of staying in that one area on stage left the whole time. The lighting could switch based on where they move, and to help focus more on the boys, the light on Cristina and Arielle could get slightly dimmer just to help see what was happening more. Especially since the background is a forest and there is a tree placed at the back of the stage, the two boys could have used more of their space and made the setting look even more like an actual forest.
- I felt that although Cristina and Arielle were meant to be calm and sitting down as Cristina told a story, they could have moved around a bit more and used more tone in their voices. For example, for Arielle, I think she could have used more excitement, like when a little kid is listening to a story.
No comments:
Post a Comment