In the book, Out of Sight, Out of Time, by Ally Carter, Cammie Morgan, a spy, has run away from home. Once her family and friends find her, they overwhelm her with questions. Unfortunately, Cammie doesn’t know how to answer them. Her whole memory had been wiped, so she was unable to remember anything about her summer. This is one of the main conflicts in the book, and Cammie, along with her friends, search for the answers.
While I was reading Out of Sight, Out of Time, I found many interesting hooks. On page 271, Cammie had just found a map in the Gallagher family chapel. In my opinion, this part of the chapter makes the reader think more deeply and makes the chapter more mysterious and has a lot suspense. On page 287, Cammie was holding the vial her father had left her. Someone unknown said “Now, I’ll be taking that”. I think that this part is exciting, scary, yet a great way to end the chapter.
Throughout the whole book, I found things that stood out to me. On page 277, Cammie and her friends were climbing up a cliff. This part stood out for me because I found it very descriptive and I could hear her voice come through. On page 99, I found that one paragraph stood out for me, because it was very descriptive and I could picture the scene in my mind. On page 281, the author starts the chapter with a way that I think is very interesting. I think this is a unique way of starting a new chapter, because this is the first time I have seen the author use this style.
In this book, I spotted good quotes that stood out for me. For example, this quote from page 295, “Sometimes the best advice is the simplest- every good spy knows that.” shows exactly how Cammie is feeling, and gives the reader a clearer image in their head.
I recommend this book for people who like reading Mystery and Adventure stories, because while I was reading this book, there were times where it seemed very mysterious, and there were also times when it had a lot of Adventure. Will Cammie find the answers she is looking for? Read the book to find out!
I like your book talk. Now, I really want to read that book! I also liked how you included that specific quote. It really stood out to me.
ReplyDeletei like your book talk :)
ReplyDeleteI like your book talk a lot. I also like how you included many examples, and an interesting quote.
ReplyDeleteYours is so cool!
ReplyDelete